Since 1991, Gloria Dei Lutheran Preschool & Child Care has provided the highest quality care, in a safe and creative environment. We educate each child according to his or her need, in a Christ-centered surrounding, with the implementation of developmentally appropriate practices, enabling each child to develop a love for learning.
Our purpose is to provide the best quality care and to educate each child in Christ-centered surroundings.
We nurture and encourage each child in development of spiritual and moral values, as well as social and cognitive skills. Our sharing and caring, in Christian love, creates an environment in which each child can grow and feel safe and accepted for his or her own individuality.
Nurture & Encourage
We nurture and encourage each child in the development of spiritual and moral values, and focus on the five developmental areas for school readiness:
- Approaches to learning – is curious, persists in activities even when it’s challenging, initiates learning experience, plays in groups or pairs based on interest
- Health and physical well-being – eats a balanced diet, gets plenty of rest, runs, jumps and other activities
- Language and communication development – knows name, reads and writes own name, tells stories from a picture, speaks in five or six word sentences
- Social and emotional development – plays and shares with others, follows simple rules and routines, explores new things, works well alone
- Cognitive and general knowledge – sorts, classifies, counts up to 30, counts sets of objects, recognizes and names general shapes, etc.
Our Christian staff creates an environment of sharing and caring in Christian love so your child can grow and feel safe and accepted for his or her own individuality. Children are encouraged to build a relationship with Jesus Christ, while developing a love for learning, which will last a lifetime.